Thursday, July 23, 2009

Teaching

I keep meaning to write about teaching but never know where to start.
But here goes:
I don't hate it
Sometimes I feel like a fraud.
Occasionally I dislike the students.
More often they are really nice.
Occasionally I think I am doing ok.
Working with a co-teacher is weird - especially as I'm a fairly independent person and mine seems to like being about 10cm from me at all times.
Other foreign teachers are great - everyone shares their trials (many) - and also ideas for improving lessons, dealing with problems etc.
Slowly I'm picking up ideas to improve the lessons and hopefully aid their English learning.
My best discovery has been YouTube - it's useful for just about anything - but as this week is holiday programme I've been adding 10 mins every day of My Bean. There's not too much English but he seems to appeal to all ages and it makes me smile anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment