Friday, July 10, 2009

Jamie Oliver eat ya heart out

Today I taught 2 of my classes the meaning of TGIF
And now that I'm a working person I really get it.

And I wanted to show our school lunches.
They really are good - always the same format - the bowl of soup, the rice, and the wee extras - and always kimchi is one of the extras. Plus they put out more kimchi so you can help yourself to as much as you like.

This is co-teacher - we sit at kiddie-size tables in kiddie-size chairs...

And this it it. Eaten with combo of chopsticks and spoon. That's battered sausage in the upper middle, some grass stuff on the left and kimchi on the right.
And here is the menu plan for the week - with the calorie count and all. You may be able to click to enlarge ...



Then I took my first ever movie - and considering I hadn't actually read the manual I'm pretty pleased that it actually seemed to come out as a movie. I was really trying to capture the intense noise and haven't succeeded - but I'll work out the volume and try again sometime. However it can be pretty loud - and after lunch we retreat to our teachers' room (one for just me and co-teacher) for 45mins of peace before the afternoon's work starts.

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    the dinner looks yummy although I looked up kimchi recipes cos I didn't know what it was and it doesn't sound too good to me.
    Glad you're enjoying it
    Cheers
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just realised if you click on your pix you get wonderful big enlargements.... groovy.. Keep them coming.... Ali M

    ReplyDelete
  3. JJ, it seems like you are having great fun. Love the pics and video and I wish I was there for the food - simply love kimchi (I know I am the odd one out).
    Ciao
    Paolo

    ReplyDelete