Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Good News

Once a month The Changwon Times is published. In English.
This month's one has the entire front page devoted to "Changwon Pushes to Host World Bicycle Festival" - so you can see it is pretty riveting reading.
But it was the following paragraph on Page 3 that I particularly liked:- "Changwon has the best bicycle policy among local governments according to a survey conducted by the Chosun Ilbo. Mayor Park Wan-su was also named the 5th hardest working chief in the results."
That's almost up there with the Fight of the Conchords' '4th most popular folk duo' claim.
The funny thing about the bicycles is that they have these bikes, like in Paris, that you can pick up and drop off etc - except that foreigners - even the officially registered aliens - can't register to use them. Obviously we are an untrustworthy bunch.

1 comment:

  1. Morning,
    Joe got a bike for $40 on ebay. It only had one pedal but he soon fixed that. He's enjoying riding to work now but only when its not super windy like it has been most of this week.

    Don't worry i'd never buy you a tree for christmas. I remember years back you made a statement that you didn't want anything for christmas 'in your name'... no Goats etc. hehe. I'll try and find you something super special though. I have so many ideas at the moment. I just figured for myself, i have alot of stuff and don't really use most of it so i figure until i own my own house, or have decided to live in one place for longer then a few years i don't really need to collect lots of posessions. I won't really be able to keep all of them anyway. Also i'm feeling particularly dedicated to saving the world at the moment.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete