Sunday, July 19, 2009

Some food

This is dinner Saturday night - 2 Kiwi teachers, Andy and Teresa, tuck into their meals.


And today's lunch - Teresa and I went for Gimbap/sushi after our morning walk up the hill/mountain. It comes with small bowl of miso style soup and some pickled radishes...
But my meal last night was the coolest - moving food. When it came to the table the top bit was moving- it was a bit like a mobile fine filo pastry. It stopped after a while. I forget what the dish was called - it wasn't actually that tasty - mainly noodles and the Korean equivalent of gnocchi - dokpoki - a rice cake thing.


3 comments:

  1. They've issued instructions here that we're not supposed to come to work if we think we might have swine flu so I'm wondering how many times I can get away with thinking I might have swine flu.
    I think it's all a bit silly really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food looks alive! Are you sure you weren't eating some live animal? I've just watched a Japanese movie and they were eating puffer fish roe that looked just like that white blob on your plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have puffer fish restaurants here too - just haven't tried it yet

    ReplyDelete