Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fairytale Restaurant - Friday night out

Here is Teresa deciding what to eat. It is an Italian restaurant - done out in a complete la-la fairyland style. Seems very incongruous. But the food is good.
If you click on the photos you get it enlarged - so you can really scrutinise it.

Then it was off to O'Brien's Irish bar for Open Mic(-rophone) Night - or is that Open Mike ?
I felt a bit like the odd one out - as it was a very young crowd. But the music was good - I'd say it was mostly multi-talented English teachers who were performing.
And I'd gone to meet up with someone who had an old mobile phone - that I can use as a Pre Pay - next step is to find out how to put money on it...
But I was lucky - it came with a manual - in Korean of course - but at the back is a section 'For Foreigners' and in English - so there is a fair chance I'll be able to work out how to use it!






4 comments:

  1. Cool the Iti restaurant, is it actually run by Itis?
    Ciao
    Paolo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I have seen.
    I had something called Chicken Doria (rice)
    Have you ever heard of it/doria?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sure love pink in Korea! what exactly qualified it for the misnomer "Italian"? Maybe the baskets?
    Have just watched a Korean movie (it's film festival here) and thought of you. I loved the silk clothes the main person was wearing: beautiful purple/lilac, jacket and long pleated skirt. Are you able to find beautiful clothes like that there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do have shops that make the traditional clothes - that are used for weddings etc
    In gorgeous colours - must take a photo sometime.

    ReplyDelete