Saturday, May 26, 2012

Relaxing at Majon Beach

The beach resort is made up of a series of villas. My room was on the ground floor at the front.


 The itinerary billed the day as 'relaxing time at Majon Beach' so I went for a walk - as far as I could before being told by guards to go no further.



The word below is Juche which roughly translates as 'self reliance' and is a big part of North Korean ideology.

Not long after I finished my walk it really started to rain. So I spent the relaxing day in my hotel room.

It was also the day of the 80th Birthday Celebration of the Army and we had high hopes of seeing something, somewhere but in the end I think the weather won out and there were not a lot of celebrations.

Late in the afternoon we finally headed out and drove south to our next scenic resort.


Since I didn't take many photos I'll show you some of what I watched on TV that day - just the one channel and endless repeats of the same footage. This is the new Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un - looking very happy and relaxed





No comments:

Post a Comment