Sunday, May 27, 2012

Isn't this trip finished yet?

I must confess there were times when I wondered the same thing - and the answer is no, it is not finished, and you can't go home until it is!

 The weather cleared as we drove south to Kumgang - which is a very mountainous area close to the border with South Korea. Apparently it is considered important for all Koreans to visit these beautiful mountains some time before they die. Hyundai (from the South) had built a very nice resort here for South Koreans but after a tourist was shot for venturing too far the South Korean government has stopped all tourist visits.
We went for a hike/walk up the river. The water was beautifully clear.


 Of course it wouldn't have been complete without the usual memento of the Great Leader's visit.

 I liked the way they served the rice at  lunch
A nearby lagoon. It is a pity it wasn't summer as these would be great swimming places.

 And finally I managed a few more shots of the 'combustion' trucks as we made the long drive back to Pyongyang


No comments:

Post a Comment