Back in Beijing my main aim is to see the Art Districts. They are away from the city centre and require subway and bus connections. I had been worried about the bus part due to being unsure about communicating where to alight - and imagining myself miles out into the countryside and lost - but actually the buses had English digital signs and announcements so it all went smoothly.
First stop was 798 District - this is a large area of decommissioned military factory buildings that became an artist community. Now it's more of a tourist community - there are galleries but also a lot of shops and restaurants. Good photo ops though...
Further out is Caochangdi - a newer and quieter art district.
Ai Weiwei, perhaps China's most noted artist, moved here a few years back - and I preferred it.













Great photos - wish I had got to Caochangdi as well.
ReplyDeleteWell - thanks to you I got that far
ReplyDelete