Saturday, June 27, 2009

These are my new sneakers - I was very proud of this purchase because I had looked at lots and some didn't fit, some were for serious hiking and heavier and some were just more than I wanted to spend (and how am I going to save money if I keep spending it)- these were around NZ$100 - and are lightweight as they are really made for running.


Here are some pics I took last weekend on my walk.
Looking back down - I live to the right of those big apartments that are closest




Scenes from my walk. 
I had planned to go for a early morning walk on weekdays too - but last Monday it was hosing down and then on Tuesday I really didn't feel like it. It has been warmer this week - up to 30 C and by Wednesday evening when it started to cool off in the evening I really felt like a walk so I went for a wander around the streets after dark. But I decided it would be nice to do a shorter walk up the hill in the cool of twilight (7-8pm) so I tried that on Thursday and it was lovely.
On the way home I stopped in at my local restaurant - where I am working my way thru' the menu trying out the different foods. It was udon noodles that night - and baseball - the Doosan Bears vs the Lotte Giants.  I think Doosan might be construction or ship engines or something and Lotte is the main Department Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment