Sunday, June 21, 2009

The best-laid plans

Well I had good intentions today - in a compromise of my principles I went to Starbucks where they have wireless internet access - so I figured I could download photos to my laptop and then update this with pics. So I bought an expensive coffee and got to work --- but - there's always a but - it turned out I needed to register with my Alien number - but I haven't yet had the results back of my application for Alien Registration so it was back to square one.
However the good news is that my Clear email is back working - so please use this as first preference.
It is Sunday afternoon and the PC Bang (bang is Korean for room) is full of kids playing games. I am probably the only one actually accessing stuff like emails.
On Friday night I went and bought some sneakers after much browsing of the various options. Some didn't fit well when I tried them on but in the end I found a nice light and very comfortable pair from Adidas. I went back up the hill for walks yesterday and this morning - we'd had some rain overnight and it was lovely and misty up the top. It takes me about 40mins up and 30 mins down. The track splits off a few times and I took a wrong turn yesterday - coming out somewhere completely unrecognisable - except that I felt it wasn't far from where I should be. I was very reluctant to retrace my steps back up the hill so cautiously headed off in what I thought was a homeward direction - taking photos all the way in case I needed to backtrack. Fortunately I soon found myself in familiar territory....
In the afternoon I went to the bigger, provincial Art Museum - Changwon is the provincial capital. They had a good sculpture park where I could take a few photos - but not able to photograph inside. The current shows were of Korean kinetic art and some Jean Tinguelly (?sp) works - I think he was ?Dada.
Anyway - I've been here a few hours now - catching up on the past week's emails - I only managed to get back into the Clear ones today - so will head home for some cleaning of my mansion. Hopefully it will take about 10 minutes. There has to be some advantages of living in a shoebox.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ju, how big is your shoebox? Bigger than 18.5 sq m? That's how big our shoebox is. You're right though, shoeboxes do not take as much time to clean up. [Wyn is not sure I've done enough cleaning to be so sure about this :-)]

    ReplyDelete