Today I finally got 'connected' at my apartment. A lovely man came from KT (I guess that's something obvious like Korea Telecom) and drilled a hole thru' my window frame and then spent ages climbing the pole on the street below - then he called in 2 more guys (in the sunhats) and in the end they relayed more cable over the road and went up that pole ...
I went for drinks and dinner tonight with another Kiwi teacher who is obviously way more technically skilled than me - she has been using the fancy equipment at her school to show (relevant) YouTube clips etc. So I think it is time to figure that out as we have the gear at school and no-one uses it! And the kids sure could do with something a bit more interesting.
The actual teaching part of life in Korea is hopefully to be a story of improvement. Some days I would like to just throttle them and feel as if I am getting nowhere - then occasionally I do get through and feel very pleased with myself. Then that is followed by something like the chaos we had yesterday of some classes and it is back to square one. As to how much English is being learnt - well - who knows
We now have some morning classes - which has seriously eaten into our Korean/English lessons and time on the net. And the new classes have 30 students - which is not the greatest. Our afternoon classes are around 15 or so. Still I can't change that so it's good incentive to try and make interesting lessons.....
I am now doing my Carrie Bradshaw impersonation and writing this on my laptop on my bed.
I'm sure we look alike....
I will post more photos regularly.

Hi Julia! The 3rd one was rumoured to be Jeff GoldBlume but it turned out to be a hoax. Thank god, otherwise it would have been just too much for Hollywood.^^
ReplyDelete