Last night I went to my first Korean class. It is run by a lovely young guy called Sonny. He has travelled around the South Island of NZ and was given great hospitality in Dunedin so I'm lucky...
He started me with explaining the alphabet - I'd already been learning it however his explanantions were brilliant and cleared up a lot of the confusion. There were about 15 students (most were English teachers) and each is paired with a Korean volunteer tutor. And it is free. How kind is that? Afterwards we went to one of the two "English" bars in town ... I didn't stay too late - not wanting to miss my bus. But actually there were plenty of buses and even after 10pm there were heaps of people about - lots of kids around 13-16 age - going home after doing further classes at a Private Academy/hagwon. Gee they have it tough I think.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment