Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My how time flies when you're in a new country.
On Sunday I moved from my harbourside hotel to my shoebox apartment.
When I get online, from my apartment, I'll send photos...
I have a new bed (single!), new table (tiny), 2 chairs, dresser, wardrobe and TV stand. I had wondered why the contract didn't stipulate a couch or easy chair - but you guessed it - there isn't room.
So now I'm going for minimalist living. We went to a Walmart/Briscoes type store today and I bought one knife, fork, spoon, one cup, plate, bowl etc etc If I invite someone over I'll go buy another set!
I'm 4 floors up so that covers most of my exercise requirements surely. Sadly no balcony.
And 10 minutes and 1 kilometre from school. Heaps of shops/bars/restaurants all around.
Yesterday I opened a bank account and went for a medical - BP 117/79, pulse 61, height 1.7m, weight 63kg, eyesight good, not colour blind, hearing ok, urine diabetes-free - now awaiting results of Xray and blood test. When that come thru' I apply for my Alien Resident card and armed with that I can get online in my apartment and can then send photos from my laptop...

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Pleased to hear you are settling in. Its freezing here at the moment. I'm wearing thermals and my newly knitted scarf. so cold.
    Good luck with becoming an alien!
    xoxo Love Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing that one might need a health check to get an internet connection! So, your accommodation suggests you can't have visitors from afar staying the night. Otherwise it sounds like a scaled down version of our cabin on the Spirit of Enderby. Luckily it won't move backwards, forwards or sideways.

    ReplyDelete