We get lunch every day in the school canteen. It is usually rice, a bowl of meat/fish/tofu soup and kimchi and a couple of small assorted dishes of ...'things'
I just love someone cooking my lunch - I think it costs about $3 a day.
And I have found a nice wee local restaurant nearby and I feel quite comfortable going there by myself. They do Korean 'cheap and cheerful' - I figure I'll work my way thru' the menu then I'll be familiar with a lot more dishes.
Tho' there is one Korean dish that I may be in trouble with - I emailed another teacher here today - placed thru' the same recruitment agent in Dunedin. He was great - said where I can go to Korean classes and invited me to dinner on Thursday. After I accepted he said it was going to be 'boshintang' food - I said I had no idea what it was but no doubt it would be a good opportunity to experience it. Then I asked co-teacher and it turns out to be dog!!!! I may never confirm or deny if I ever do go....
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I don't know if i could eat dog... maybe if i was dying but i don't really eat alot of meat at the best of times :p
ReplyDeletexoxo