I awoke to a misty morning - which gave a nice eerie feeling to my walk
Around 8-9am all is quiet in the street opposite my shoebox/apartment


This is a pre-school/daycare place.


We have a persimmon orchard behind school - and have been allowed to pick plenty. They are a new fruit for me - a bit like a cross between an apricot and an apple.

Heading up the hill I have always passed these green 'things'. With my fertile imagination I figured they were food supplies for Armageddon or anti-aircraft guns or bunker entrances. Lately there have been more of them so I asked at Korean class. It turns out the pine trees have been subject to some nasty blight and when they cut down the diseased ones they have covered them like this.

There are a few graves on the hillsides.

It is a mix of deciduous and evergreen - and with a lot of the leaves falling the pathway is lighter now.

You will need to click to enlarge these to really see what I was shooting.


It was such a lovely crisp morning....


Walking back home, sun coming out and people hanging out the quilts to air. On the right side you can see the 'balconies' that most apartments have. These are very narrow spaces and their sole purpose is to hang the laundry. I don't think anyone would ever consider sitting there - let alone have a BBQ etc

This is a local recycle place - old ladies go around collecting boxes and cans etc then bring it here - where presumably they get paid.

And this is the newest thing in the neighbourhood this week - a pedestrian crossing. Me and lots of others frequently jaywalk here - they must have painted it there on Friday night.
Hi Ju, good photos. What was it in the middle of the first spider's web one?
ReplyDeleteHmmmm - a Korean spider?
ReplyDeleteCrikey, I can sort of see it now. Wyn pointed out its legs. It looked more like a man-made thing like a pendant to me. forgot to say I'm Ross btw :-)
ReplyDeleteI often wonder who the Anonymous's are
ReplyDeleteI'd become a Follower except it seems to require a Google account or something and I don't have the energy for starting another account :-( Jeez, even Suzi our truck has an account/email address and I can't remember what that was for! And Follower sounds a bit like Believer etc!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos JJ! the spider one is brill :-)
ReplyDeletenever had persimmon before? Very popular here and they are just coming into season - am very fond of them.
I'm not sure about elsewhere but here they eat the persimmons both when crispy, like an apple, and riper/softer - when like an apricot. Both are good.
ReplyDeleteMy friend Grae tells me "In Japan the spider is called the "JoroGumo" which translates something like "Gaudy Geisha Spider" because she has a tendency to eat her husband too - he's probably wrapped up in one of those little food parcels she keeps hanging around. Very, very dangerous if you happen to be a randy male spider.."
ReplyDelete