We drive to the next city, Masan, and head up one of the trails.
Note the woman on the front left - this is standard Korean hiking attire - total skin coverage - even in the heat of summer.
The water stop - so ornate (the carved stone) and organised (the labelled ladles) on their bamboo stand.
From the top looking back at Changwon in the distance

And back at the base - the 'logs' on the truck are some sort of root.
The guy (sorry about the bad light) pulps them
and then sells the brew.
So of course I tried it - and it tasted --- like wood. But, like most things in Korea, it's 'healthy' and I must say I've felt very chipper this week.
Late lunch in traditional Korean restaurant
Drinking a kind of fermented rice wine (the bowl on the right). The first taste was a little awkward but it was better than the root pulp juice. And then it just got better and better until I'd drunk a couple of bowls worth.
The smaller bowl on the left was for water - it was a lovely chunky pinch pot. I really wanted to steal it.

Tampung is really lovely, reminiscent of the fall in DC and Virginia. Here it does not last long: one minute you have leaves, the next they are all gone.
ReplyDeleteGreat snaps of the hike.
Ciaooo
P