Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another bang

'Bang' means room. I used to go to a PC Bang before I got my internet connected at home.
And you will recall the visit to the Jjimjibang - the bathhouse.
Last Friday it was a new Bang = DVD Bang. Here you get to rent a DVD and watch it in a lounge-like room. There is a big screen, good sound, blankets and teddy bears! Only in Korea.
There were probably around 20 rooms in this DVD Bang.
The main purpose of these rooms is to provide a place for teenagers to go while 'courting'.
But in our case - we actually did watch the movie.
It was a Korean film called Breathless - in Korean I think the title was more obscene.
It started out violently and continued in the same vein - not my kind of film at all. But there was some let up and eventual redemption and I still 'feeling' it days later. It was the director's first full-length movie and he also wrote and had the lead. It had done the rounds of FIlm Festivals I think.
If I"d known about it beforehand I'd never have watched it - but I am glad I did.
We may even repeat the experience tomorrow night - but different film of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment