Saturday, October 3, 2009

Korean classes

Every Tuesday evening I go to Korean Class. It is held in the Changwon Community Centre and is free. Koreans volunteer to come and tutor - it is usually one-on-one. It is up to the student to determine the lesson. Sometimes I practise dialogues for things like 'going to the hairdresser' and this week was "Happy Chuseok" phrases.
Newbies have to introduce themselves - and that is Sonny with the white shirt and tie standing on the left. He organises the classes.

We are encouraged to stand up in front of class and practise our new phrases...usually to much hilarity. I think the Koreans either cringe or laugh as we butcher the language and mangle the pronunciation.

Afterwards we head for a nearby pub and drinks - it's a great way to meet new people, catch up with others and get advice for any problems. I love the whole night.

2 comments:

  1. This is really fantastic! I wish I had this in my neighbourhood. An email is coming to you soon.^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - I think we are lucky in Changwon for things like that.

    ReplyDelete