Thursday, September 24, 2009

Long way home

It's been a trying week. And just when I thought I was getting on top of it it ended badly again today.
Which then had me debating as I left school at 4.45 - should I ring Teresa to see if she wants to have a drink so I can drown my sorrows? or should I leave her be to go to the gym?
I nobly opted to go it alone - so was wandering the local supermkt for a beer and some food for dinner when Teresa called and said "fancy a beer?"
Minutes later we were ensconced on 'our' bench in the park downing our beers - one each mind - tho' we do buy the biggest cans we can get.
Then some 'whiteys' walked past -we had briefly talked to the American teacher before but this time he was accompanied by another teacher - the first Aussie I have encountered here.
5 hours after leaving school I finally made it home... ah the joy of teaching comrades. I feel a lot better now.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you have good peeps to share the experience with, good or bad! As long as you don't progress to one bottle of beer as I know you can get at least 1 litre of Hite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those bottles - I'll let you know when it gets that bad and you can enrol me for AA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Just wanted to write and say that I have really been enjoying reading your blog. You're a natural blogger!!... interesting commentary of life in Korea and photos are great to add flavour to your descriptions.
    Look forward to reading lots more
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ju,
    Yep, good blogging.
    Bummer 'bout bad week but the good thing about weeks is that they always have an end. And, like buses, there's always another one coming along.
    One last thought - don't sweat the small stuff. Lenny is still singing :-)
    Blog on sister...
    Ross

    ReplyDelete