Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another weekend

My biggest plan for the weekend was to make some serious inroads into my latest reading - Simon Montefiore's Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar. But when I picked it up on Friday at Chapter 20 "Blood Bath by Numbers" and the first sentence was "They did not even specify the names but simply assigned quotas of deaths by the thousands" I had to put it straight back down in case I had really bad dreams.
Saturday was an improvement but it was a bit of a relief when Teresa called and suggested drinks on 'our' park bench.
Note the cardigan and sneakers - it is cooling down rapidly - and soon we may have to forgo the charms of the park bench and retreat indoors.

Diving was cancelled today, Sunday, as instructor had been hospitalised following an accident.
So instead we visited him in hospital. Turned out he had driven into a power pole - without the protection of a seat belt. Say no more. He had some cuts around his face and head but seemed to have escaped major injury - amazing. I think we are all keen to get on and finish the dive course before it gets too cold....

6 comments:

  1. Morning,

    I had a lovely weekend in Brisbane with the family.

    Its the Melbourne Arts festival here at the moment so i'm looking at all sorts of exciting free things to do. On a serious budget from now till i guess, next jan or something. Saving for Christmas ect. One of the arts festival things is free outdoor screenings of mary and max. Thought i'd tell you so you could get jelous :P I'll keep on a look out for a dvd for you as i'm pretty sure its being released soon.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 안녕 좋습니다는 얼마나 좋은 당신의 한국사람이 인지 보게 한다 yo가 몇몇 좋은 책을 시험 제임스 Patterson를 읽는 원하는 경우에, 그는 중세 탐정 소설을 쓴다. 사랑 Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I've just translated that with babel fish and on translating it back it seems to be gibberish.
    What it says is
    Hi
    Lets see how good your korean is.
    If you want some good books to read try James Patterson, he writes medieval detective novels. Love Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah - I think I got 'hello, good and Korean' so the answer is 'not that good' - so thanks for the translation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good god, I hope you're not still going to take diving lessons off that guy!

    xx Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. he's the only instructor we've got.
    Plus he is more safety conscious in the water - fortunately

    ReplyDelete