We teachers are supposed to have an orientation on arrival but as most get to Korea haphazardly during term time it is probably impossible to organise.
So I was really looking forward to our 'Teachers' Day' today - even if I have already been teaching for almost 5 months with no idea of what they are aiming for or how they want us to go about it. Finally all was going to be revealed....
So this morning we trotted off to the Department of Education and met up with all the other teachers. Only, for me, it was not to be.
I teach at an 'English Centre', which mostly provides an extra-curricular programme, that is attached to the Elementary School. There are only about 5 of these centres at schools in Changwon and we are actually employed by some outift like the Changwon CIty Council vs the Dept of Education.
And so, this Dept of Education Teachers' Day turned out to not be for us 'English Centre' teachers.
We had already cancelled classes for the day - so, suddenly, I had a free day. The sun was shining; it was a beautiful crisp. clear autumn day. Hard to complain.
As we were near the Art Museum, and I'd been meaning to gat back to see the next exhibition, I headed there. It has lots of outdoor sculptures....

why are they so big on public art? Is it because the modern towns are so soulless?
ReplyDeleteStationery shopping! I'm a little jealous. Korea has the best stationery.
ReplyDeleteA zine is a small magazine... although more often then not they're a bit odd and hand crafted. That little book thing i made for Rhian that got lost in the mail is a zine. The one i'm making is about people.. i've made up some characters and written a short paragraphish about each one and will make it look a bit doodly. I'll send you one when i'm done.
xoxo