Shortly before I arrived in Korea an ex Prime Minister committed suicide after being accused of corruption. He came from a town between Changwon and Busan so it was big news locally.
But I'm beginning to see how it is on an epic scale here - and it all starts in the Elementary Schools.
About 2 weeks ago a parent sent in a box of Dunkin' Donuts - 6 of the calorie/fat/sugar/cholesterol laden things! Not wanting to cause cultural offence I ate one and sent the rest off home with co-teacher as she has 3 kids.
Today I had my second incident - a student gave co-teacher and I each a piece of snake snack.
Oops - in a technical glitch the photos of it are at the top. I think it is actually the skin - and it is mixed/soaked in salt. I ate a bit - but now it has gone soft. It was even more worrying as today was Test day - so it was fairly blatant.
They say these things come in threes....I'm on tenterhooks.

No comments:
Post a Comment