Somehow it seemed the final straw and I resigned. So I'm now due to leave on Boxing Day.
Plans to holiday in Vietnam have been shelved due to difficulty in getting flights - and I'm now working on going to Hong Kong. A friend from Australia will join me and I'm looking forward to a little R&R before heading back for some glorious NZ summer.
It is now real winter here - temps down to zero, bitterly cold winds, bundling up when outdoors.
School has been freezing - there seems to be a custom here of liking fresh air so they open every door and window and let it breeze on through. Coming into December seemed to do the trick and finally they turned the heating on.
Clothes don't dry very fast at home but now I just turn on the ondol (under-floor) heating and lay things on the floor! Perfect.
Now that I know I'm going I'm becoming hyper aware of all the things I will and won't miss. I think I'll have to start some lists.
We have started to make Christmas decorations at school so I'll take my camera this week and post photos next time

Ah shame about no Vietnam. We were hoping you'd check it out for us. We're having fun checking it out on the interweb anyway. Wyn found http://seat61.com/ the other day which is an extraordinary web site.
ReplyDeleteWow I am gobsmacked, quite a quick decision but what is the point of staying any longer if you are not enjoying it. Shame about missing out Vietnam though, but I guess that Hong Kong will be just a nice stop anyway. I have been thinking of visiting Shanghai which I have never seen but so far no inroads into that either!!!
ReplyDelete