Sunday, November 21, 2010

Time flies

Wow - how come I am now in a panic about Christmas stuff - it feels like it is still about April. I think that must be a sign of aging...
Anyway - long time no blog....
November 11 was Peppero Day - this time I took the photo before eating them.
It coincided with the end of our 8 week block of after school classes so we gave them Peppero too.

Next thing on the agenda at school was Open Class - a wonderful Korean institution. Mine was a class I don't normally teach and instructions to make it mainly speaking. The usual school classes can be challenging because within any class the students range from 'can barely read/speak English' to the quite good ones who go to a lot of after school classes ALL the time. So figuring out what level to pitch it at is the first challenge. And I do like to challenge them. They came for 2 periods/classes on Friday and that was our Rehearsal Class which was really useful. We could get them used to the formats of activities etc. and work out anything that needed tweaking. Open Class was a Saturday (ugh) and just before it started in comes a teacher with a bloody video camera!!!!
Open classes can be attended by any teacher or parent - but fortunately mine was only attended by the Vice Principal (doing the assessing) and a couple of the Korean English teachers. No parents showed. The kids behaved (but demanded a reward!) and I thought it went OK. More to the point, like an exam or assignment, I now feel like a big weight has been lifted and I can get back to normal.
Today has been a relax-at-home day catching up on emails and things that have fallen by the wayside in my Open Class anxiety. Now I need to start thinking about my January holidays - that's after sorting out Christmas cards and presents! Shame I have to go to work really - I have plenty to occupy myself with. I'm also knitting a Christmas tree - or 2 or 3.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you got some fine treats! Hey do you want anything sent over from NZ to give as presents - vegemite? Pineapple lumps? etc

    ReplyDelete