Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Better late than never - farewell to Korea

Well it is now a few days after Christmas - but the thought was there.
It got pretty hectic in the run-up to Christmas: going to the Post Office daily and sending stuff home, organising to leave and farewelling friends (the really hard part).
I spent Christmas Day cleaning my shoebox/apartment. Wow - it looked so good by the time I'd finished that I almost wanted to stay. I quickly dismissed that thought.
The temp had been below zero all day and a New Zealand summer was beckoning.
I left on a late night bus to Incheon/Seoul airport. The buses have Business Class style seats that are reasonably comfortable for snoozing.
We arrived around 4.30am so I just crashed for another few hours on seats - like a lot of others in the same situation.
At Immigration they asked when I was coming back and I replied "I'm not"
Bye bye Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment