Sunday, December 12, 2010

Korean Swansong


Andy suggested doing 'the hike' one last time - so today we set off again. The temp was probably 0-5 degrees and a biting breeze at times - but we were pretty bundled up and it was an incentive to walk quickly and not tarry on our rests.

It begins at a big temple complex - which had the decorations out.
This one reminded me of John Travolta.

Andy, pretending to be a retard, was very taken with the clock.

I thought we might have the mountain to ourselves due to the nip in the air. Silly me - it just goes to show how little I've learnt in my time here and how I continually underestimate the Korean fortitude.

Yes - they were out in their masses. Sensible people would be cosy at home....you'd think

At the top of the hill we ran into this - the man second from left introduced himself and explained that he was the leader of one of the 5 main opposition parties. They were hoping to gain support for amalgamating the parties. I'm blowed if I know why they chose this spot but hikers were keen to have their photos taken with him.
Media coverage...
Placards...

It was cloudy today - we are due for some rain tonight and tomorrow - which will probably be very welcome as everything is very dry.

Busan is in the background.
After travelling along the wall we drop down a stream bed and then a final steep climb up to Seokbulsa Temple. I like how it looks different each time I visit with the changing light.



We did the walk in record time today - it got too cold if we stopped for too long.
I'm pleased to have done it one last time - I can't put my finger on it but it's a good walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment