Friday, September 24, 2010

Local market changes

With the Chuseok holiday my morning walks have been more leisurely and I've taken my camera.
The local market is part of my block...very handy. Recently they have been putting on a kind of roof covering.

This is down the far end which is uncovered
and then the old covered part - which I quite like - shady in summer but not a lot of protection in winter and when it rains

So it will be interesting to see how much of an improvement this new roo is - so far they have only done half of the market.


On Tuesday morning I thought it would be dead and was surprised that there was quite a lot of activity. But it turned out that the main holiday was Wednesday - so the food places were open for everyone to get their last minute things. At the street entrance there are two women selling fruit - one on each side - and this is probably their busiest time.
But finally on Wednesday they were closed - I reckon they are only closed 2 or 3 days of the year!




2 comments:

  1. Looks much tidier. But surely rentals will go up for stall holders. How long is that holiday? And do you receive gifts or are you also expected to give them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm - I never thought about who paid for it - I had thought maybe the City Council - but probably not.
    I exchanged gifts with Co-teacher - and also gave to Principal and Vice Principal - but they don't return the favour!

    ReplyDelete