Chuseok is a big holiday here - school is closed Tuesday to Friday.
It's a kind of harvest festival. Everyone goes to visit their parents/grandparents and to give thanks at the graves of their ancestors. A lot of women don't like it because it just means lots of cooking for them....and bowing and scraping to anyone who is older.
Gift giving is big - including giving to co-teacher, vice principal and principal at school.
At this time of year stores sell big box sets of anything from fruit to socks to shampoo and conditioner sets to cans of tuna.
But it is the prices of food that I find interesting - how much should one pay for 10 big nashi pears? US$38/NZ$53 ?
or 6 peaches US$20/NZ$28

awesome - I think I got a SPAM gift set and a olive oil one... weird! Happy Chuseok :)
ReplyDeleteThe fish look so purty... what did you get?
ReplyDeleteHa - nothing
ReplyDelete