Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sleepless in Seattle

Well I had to say that didn't I? Here I am staying in a hostel and sharing a room with 3 other women - so the first night was a bit sleepless - for all of us I think. The others are from Germany, Turkey (but studying here) and US (but living in Egypt) and they are all here for a Political Science Conference. So it's good as there is no changeover.
The hostel has had different artists decorate each room - and you can see in the photo above the decor by my bunk.My first day I took a ferry to Bainbridge Island - about half an hour. It started out cool but by the time I was heading back to Seattle it had cleared up a lot.


On the trip back we had the Coastguard doing an exercise where they came up as close as possible to our stern
I think the guy on the right had a plastic gun. The one on the left is using finger signals to estimate the distance.



Back in Seattle I wandered around Pioneer Square - an old part of town



This shop had 4 windows full of the old sewing machines
...and this is taken from my bedroom window

1 comment: