Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Busy, busy, busy

I started another post in Seattle but it took too long to load the photos - so I'll update with text now and add the photo stories later - probably back in NZ.
On Sunday I flew to Montana - the second biggest town of Missoula. I'm guessing it may be similar size to Dunedin - and like Dunedin it is dominated by its university - the University of Montana.
However we drove 80 miles (the Americans have NOT gone metric) up the road to our little spot in the middle of nowhere. There is lodging on the site so we are not distracted by commuting or shopping. They keep talking about bears too so I wouldn't go walking at night.
The course is being taken by Tim Rudman from London. He has written the books and is probably the Master of the whole process of Lith Printing. So we are very fortunate. I was a little worried as most of the others (there are 7 of us) had done some Lith printing before but Tim has taken us slowly through the basics and repeats and builds up knowledge carefully and it seems to work well.
At night we can work, unsupervised, in the darkrooms for as long as we like so everyone is making the most of this. First thing every morning we have 'show and tell' sessions of the work from the night before - these prove very educational. We do the same late afternoon - so we are continually reviewing our work and seeing what the others are achieving too.
OK - time to head off to the beginning of another day - ciao for now

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having fun! I hope you'll share the results of your course?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great fun :-)
    Ciaoooo!

    ReplyDelete