Saturday, April 23, 2011

From the train

Well I've been promising to post photos as soon as I got back to good internet - now that seems like a BIG job - so I'll warm-up with some train shots. I'm not great at getting in close for people shots so my zoom lens and distance in the train seems about right...

It was an early morning departing from Delhi. The porters wear red jackets as their identifying uniform. Click on this guy below - it's my favourite shot

You also get some great typical Indian sights of animals...



...and people...










For some reason the trains always seems to go past the worst slums in any town -


In the countryside it is harvest time and also time to ready the dung for fuel storage (I think)

The train was the upmarket Shatabdi Express - and came with breakfast


And lastly an ad for Hero cycles. Hero has a bicycle factory near Chandigarh and had donated some bikes to the Rock Garden. Which we got to use - and it was very handy for roaming between the sectors to get groceries and go to internet cafe etc. Thank you Hero





1 comment:

  1. the donkeys are cute! love the meals on wheels/bike meal.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete