Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Wall - part 2


The wall slowly progresses.
Roots wind around the underground 'creatures'
and the border meanders along and down
The youngest of the local workers, our cement mixer lad, makes his own snake - it is beautifully executed
More gets filled in
Flowers sprout
And then...
they demolish the shack at the end of the wall - and suddenly there's more wall!!!!!
Nicole works with Jogo and they power along making big birds
While Dominique works on a sun/moon

We were all going to decorate one branch each of the 'tree of life' so I get started on some birds as I'm due to leave in a matter of days - my first 4 are at the beginning of this post (don't ask - it's just a quirk of blogspot and would take too long to correct).
They are so well received that I get the job of continuing with more birds until I go





And that is it - my train and flights are booked. It is time to head back to New Zealand.
The others are staying on for another few days or week or two - and on my second last day we get visited by The Army - and told that 2 army guys will be starting work the following week to learn about mosaics - so there will be help.
Dominique left the following week and Cory and Nicole stayed on - actually managing to finish the entire wall - with the help of the local workers and army.
When I get a photo of the finished wall I will post it - but it may be some time as they are both now travelling around India for several months and uploading photos is such a slow process in India they may leave it until they return to the US

No comments:

Post a Comment