Sunday, May 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Buddha


It has been a 3 day weekend due to Buddha's birthday on Friday. I've stayed in Changwon and it has been a lovely quiet time where I can catch up with the piles on my very small table.

It was lovely and sunny on Friday so I visited the Yongji Lake Park in town because it has grass and I wanted to get a little sun on my legs  - in anticipation of baring them sometime this summer. I thought it may be very crowded but all the Koreans were under the trees in the shade and I was the only person sitting in the sun. it's not so much that they are concerned with skin cancer but more that they will cover-up extensively, whatever the temperature, to keep their skin as light-coloured as possible.  Just one of those quirks...

Yesterday, Saturday, it turned wet. I went to meet a knitting friend for coffee yesterday and this was how the centre of town was decorated.

There were a few statues, all covered with plastic - maybe because of the rain.

There are elections coming up in another week or 2 - just at the local level I think.
These vans go around the neighbourhood blaring out music and slogans...


I've only seen one woman candidate advertising so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment