These women performed "Say It" which was about the Korean 'Comfort Women" from World War 2.
The woman on the left translated - it was the only monologue we translated although there were also some written Korean monologues.

It was a very powerful dialogue and had a few in tears on the night (above)
On the night we all dressed in black (with a touch of red) as required.
I didn't take a lot of photos as we were sitting off to the side (bad angle) and I was too busy being nervous about my monologues.

The venue was a bar/restaurant that was very civilised - so were the bar prices!
So it was great that the after party was held over the road at another, much cheaper, bar.
Being a Sunday night didn't seem too much of a hindrance.
There were more fund-raising activities - like the sale of chocolate vaginas
(I ate the milk choc one already)
...and vagina cookies - I think that will be tonight's dessert
I'll post more photos when I get them from others who took some decent shots.Meantime if you want to see any (of other performances - not ours)check out YouTube - I did "The Flood" and "My Vagina was my Village" (the older voice). You can even see Eve Ensler (the woman who started it all) perform, as well as interviews with her - she is pretty cool

No comments:
Post a Comment