Saturday, January 23, 2010

There and back

Finally my holiday came around and I got to leave wintry Korea...
...for a quick trip back to NZ. After a couple of days in Auckland it was on to Wellington - as beautiful as ever.
The 'little boxes on the hillside' were in sharp contrast to Korean high-rises

Then the lovely public art in Wellington-



On to Dunedin and Central Otago - the summer hadn't been great but it was warm enough and definitely warmer than Korea.


And here is one of Dunedin's culinary specialties - cheese rolls. Cheese rolled inside bread, toasted and then butter spread over the top until it drips down...

Last stop Christchurch.


And a big sorry to those I didn't get to see - next time ....

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I like that in that picture of the family, there is a ginger pussycat lazying in the sun on one of the picnic tables in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are great! I'm glad you got to come home for a bit.^^

    ReplyDelete