Wednesday, December 9, 2009

New Zealand night at Korean Class

It was decided that after the Koreans had done Korean night the Kiwis would have to do NZ night. We all did a bit...
I made some glitter tikis - and, after a brief explanation, handed them out as Christmas tree decorations/souvenirs



Teresa spoke about famous New Zealanders.
Joe, standing behind, explained the basics of rugby and cricket.

Andy gave a great talk, saving us from blathering too much, on the history of New Zealand.
He followed it up with some Kiwi slang and Maori words.
Look - see how everyone is riveted.
And we finished with food. I'd made pikelets with raspberry jam and cream

...and that old favourite - Fairy Bread - with specially imported Hundreds and Thousands (thank you Alaine)
and Joe added some NZ camenbert and brie cheese (sent by his grandmother) and crackers and Marmite.
'sweet as...'

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! I love the tiki decorations. Mum actually forwarded me the photos a few days ago but good to see them again.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tikis are amazing! you could make money making those :-)

    ReplyDelete