Friday, September 11, 2009

sub-normal

Since the start of the new school term last week all students have their temperature checked every morning before entering school. More swine flu precautions. Except that they don't check the teachers' - so I volunteered anyway yesterday - at 35.8C I am a bit worried (the norm is 37)- that's almost hypothermic.
The general attitude to illness here is very stoic - you go to school/work regardless - so it's easy to see how swine flu, once started, could rapidly spread.



1 comment:

  1. How very odd, here they talk about the swine flu a lot but nobody does anything visible about it. Must say that most of the people I know seemed to have a bout of flu late in August but nothing that was diagnosed as H1N1, probably because nobody was tested for that!!
    Still, we are told that it is not as serious as other types of flu and it should only last a very few days, a lot less than ordinary types.

    ReplyDelete