Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rainy Season

The rainy season seems to be for several weeks somewhere about now.
I always thought Rainy Season meant that it rained non-stop for the entire time - but no - it just means 'a lot more rain than usual/rain most days' - I think.
Anyway it looks as if we are now in the rainy season. There was a big thunderstorm with lightning cracking right overhead when I woke on Friday.
My main concern was how to walk to school without getting soaked. In the end I opted for wearing my shorts and gumboots and took trousers to change into at school. It worked well.



We haven't had the intense heat that other parts of the northern hemisphere are experiencing - our daily temps go from around 20-28C - but the humidity can be high - today is 94%.
As my old boss in London used to say - "It's close"

2 comments:

  1. I love wearing gumboots. I wore mine to the supermarket last night with my jeans tucked in... although mine aren't cute gumboots. They're black manly ones because i've got giant calves that don't fit into the cute ones. I don't care though. I do love my gumboots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I have the calf problem too - these are probably made for skinny Korean legs. But I still love walking thru' the puddles...

    ReplyDelete