Sunday, July 4, 2010

Only in Korea...


In the sticky humidity of summer places like Bongnam Resevoir offer a delightful respite - there is even a cooling breeze. Foreigners regularly have get-togethers here but I'd not yet made it there - so yesterday it was definitely time. There are a variety of tracks to get there - I was going with Lindsay and she suggested a slightly longer walk from the edge of Changwon - it took us about an hour. Like all tracks they are well maintained with seats for resting and mini gymnasiums and even airguns to clean the dust from your shoes/clothes!




I'm not sure why they have built these stupas - but they look good in photos.
After a few hours I decided to wander back home, in the dark, alone. I did have a torch that I used a bit when the tree cover made it particularly dark. But Korea is probably one of the few places in the world where I wouldn't be unduly worried about wandering alone in the dark in the middle of nowhere.



My apartment is somewhere behind that hill in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment