Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter in Korea

Well I would have posted a picture of the Easter egg that co-teacher gave me but I ate it before I had that thought!  Actually she did pretty well to find it because I haven't seen any about.
Last night I was out with friends for dinner and mentioned I had also not found any Hot Cross buns and the Americans and Canadian there both said "what?" - partly because I have a croaky voice but it would appear that they do not partake of Hot Cross buns like we do. They had heard of them but did not know the glories of eating them toasted with butter dripping through. Tragic!
I have had some cold/bug lately that means I've been laying low and hoping my voice comes back properly so I can yell at the students again. It might be the "yellow dust" that blows in from China at this time of year.
We got no extra days off for Easter but it had been a lovely sunny weekend - after a damp and dreary week - so it feels good. SLOWLY it is getting warmer but the locals say that March, 2010 was a lot colder than usual. Everyone is hanging out for warmer weather so we can congregate outdoors again. Roll on summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment