I wanted to go to Seoul for the weekend, but when my 'usual' hotel said they were fully booked I decided to do it as a day trip. It's 4 hours by luxury bus (business-class style seating) each way - so up at 5.30am and home after 1am.
I checked out a few knitting shops in different locations - one being in this older area between two palaces. Lots of coffee and tea shops, tourists, galleries, some interesting architecture and quirky art.
Then a 10 minute walk to Insadong for more...
This was to highlight the poor living conditions in North Korea.
This food stall had a queue last time I was here and yesterday was no different. So I joined it and watched them making these snacks, filled with rice paste using a contraption similar to the "Toastie Pie Maker".
And voila - perfect to accompany the strawberry juice for my afternoon tea.
A bit more shopping then time to head home....

No comments:
Post a Comment