
The forecast was for warmer weather this week so I thought it was time to check out Seoul.
I had to see at least one of the big markets - this was Namdaemun -
and various kimchi


...washing accoutrements

and ginseng.
I was staying near Insadong - an arty/touristy area and could walk to this area - Bukchon Hanok Village which has a lot of older style architecture and none of the high-rise buildings so ubiquitous elsewhere in the city.



...a plus-size model!

High on my agenda was a trip to the Seoul Art Museum, which just happened to have a Warhol Exhibition on - oh happy days.



The museum was next to a large Palace (Deoksugung) complex that also housed two neoclassical buildings - this one below a craft museum, but under reconstruction,

and next to it the National Museum of Contemporary Art that had show by sculptor Kwon Jin Kwu. No photos allowed so I've taken these from the banner

and from a subway billboard.


Back at the Deoksugung Palace it was 'changing of the guard' time




I decided to walk back to Insadong - it was a lovely day with the temp around 15 C

which made these snowy remnants look odd.

I think this area would have a lot more action at night...

but I was too busy watching the Olympic figure skating and Kim Yuna.

Also went to DMZ - will post next time about that.
Loved those crazy distorted statues outside a building..the ones that look lioke fairground mirror reflections
ReplyDeleteYes - kind of the opposite to Giacometti
ReplyDelete