Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Central Otago bliss

I am now in Central Otago staying with my sister for a few weeks until my house becomes free.
It's good timing because summer in Central is a lot warmer and sunnier than Dunedin.
And there is the added bonus of Jethro and Abby - Jethro is pictured below


Every morning my sister goes for a brisk walk up a nearby hill, through a vineyard.


I pretended to stop to take these pictures but really it was because I couldn't keep up with her.
Still it is a lovely early morning vista.




And this is looking back to where I am staying on the shores of Lake Dunstan - a lake formed by the huge Clyde Dam down the valley.

2 comments:

  1. The Pinot Noir could be seen as a bonus too! And so true about the weather...I went to the Lawrence Arts festival in the weekend - enjoyed all the activity but most of all loved the heat of the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to post a lot of pics if you go for a walk every day ;-)

    ReplyDelete