First you can see what a beautiful day it was yesterday - then compare it to the same scene 15
months ago
And this is in reverse order - due to my tecnnical imeptitude with blogspot... but you get the picture
Yes it was a glorious day yesterday - and so I encouraged Lindsay along for the hike. It starts with getting up the hill - and halfway up Lindsay remembered that she didn't like hiking. We hadn't discussed the trip in depth - I'd just said it was a day hike with an interesting temple to see at the end. Fortunately Lindsay is pretty fit, well fitter than me, and she graciously continued even after she discovered it was over 8km from the bottom to the north gate of the fortress and then along the perimeter to the south gate.
And then we traipsed downhill and then a steep 600m back uphill to finally get to the temple. Last year it had rained, and rained and i had spent most of the temple visit just sheltering - so I was happy with the weather and it wasn't too hot or too cold.
And it is a stunning place; set in a rocky cleft with all the carving. And there is hardly anyone there which is a relief as there were lots and lots of hikers along the fortress route.
Whenever I have mentioned this temple to Koreans they haven't heard of it.



There are various prayer rooms - the last one at the top was quite dark and the camera flash comes in very handy. I'm not sure why all the tigers - but they were on every painting and carving in the room.
This is from the high point - reached via the narrow gap






Truly a stunning day and I'm glad I got back there.
I took my pedometer and we clocked up over 22kms so I think that covers me nicely for exercise for the weekend.

I really want to go there sometime but I guess you won't be wanting to go again in a hurry (Lyndsay)
ReplyDelete